* Back in stock!
* Includes exclusive trading card
Azur Lane: Crosswave takes the spirit of the mobile game and uses the Unreal Engine to bring its characters to life in a massive 3D world, so fans can see them like they’ve never seen them before. The in-game character designs will also feature cel-shaded anime style 3D graphics that stay true to the original art.
- Living in a 3D World - Azur Lane mobile, the beloved side-scrolling shooter, is now retrofitted for the Nintendo Switch™ as a cel-shaded, 3D action shooter with the help of Unreal Engine! Recruit over 50+ ship girls to help lead your fleet to victory. In the Nintendo Switch version, play through Story Mode through the lens of newcomers Shimakaze and Suruga, plus Taihou and Formidable!
- Switch it Up with 4 Game Modes - Commanders can choose from 4 different game modes! Story Mode includes 7 chapters through the lenses of Shimakaze and Suruga, plus 2 additional story chapters with newcomers, Taihou and Formidable. In Extreme Battle Mode, choose from 100+ challenging fleets to battle for rare items and special materials. Capture new memories in Photo Mode! Just like the original release, players can change backgrounds, adjust facial expressions and poses! Now on the Nintendo Switch, choose up to 6 characters with freshly updated camera angles. Episode Mode includes 50+ sub-stories that deliver bonus character backgrounds!
- Arm Your Armada - Before setting sail, beef up your characters by equipping them with rare items found after a successful battle or by crafting items at Akashi’s Laboratory. Here, Commanders can exchange blueprints to create new gear, convert materials into rare items, and earn rewards. Experiment with different fleet arrangements to gain special Fleet Effects that can provide in-game stat bonuses.
- Ready, Aim, Fire - Control, aim, and fire at incoming battleships, aircraft carriers, and other enemies! Depending on the character’s subtype, players can dash to evade attacks or activate defensive shields, unleash torpedoes or aircrafts, and switch-on character-specific special attacks to defeat unruly enemies!
- Release date:
- Nintendo Switch
- 3D Action Shooter
- ESRB descriptor:
- Fantasy Violence, Language, Suggestive Themes
- Official game website:
- Idea Factory International, Inc.
- IDEA FACTORY / COMPILE HEART / FELISTELLA
- Copyright of the game:
- ©2020 IDEA FACTORY / COMPILE HEART / FELISTELLA / Manjuu Co.,Ltd. & Yongshi Co.,Ltd. / Yostar, Inc. All rights reserved. Licensed to and published by Idea Factory International, Inc.
Fun little game to waste some time on. And having it on the switch means i can play on the go.
Gameplay is fairly easy and straightforward, large variety of very likeable characters to unlock and play in both story and episode mode, fun features to explore in picture mode, character models are absolutely fantastic, story mode is great for those who are fans of the anime series and likely enjoyable for newcomers who have a piqued interest, DLC is also extremely affordable and adds lots of characters accessories to enhance your gameplay experience. I also enjoy the way the player can customize their team just before entering each battle (it comes in very handy if you forget to equip or modify your new accessories between battles and event scenes). While I find the battles throughout the game to be a bit shorter in length compared to some mainstream JRPGs, I feel that the large quantity of both mandatory and optional events and combat stages help to create a good balance and make the game’s length a bit more flexible depending on how the user wishes to shift the focus their gameplay between combat and cutscenes. Overall I definitely recommend this to both fans of the series and for those who like cute and entertaining JRPGs with great story content !