* You will receive the IFI Store DLC Bundle code via email on or after 8/25.
* View the Limited Edition
Mai Toyama seeks an escape from her traumatic past. She becomes enrolled at Wordsworth, an all-girl’s dormitory situated in the small, mountainous town known as Le Choara where it was rumored that her sister, Sanae, was last seen. Hopeful, Mai seeks to find her kin, but she soon finds terrifying inhabitants which lurk throughout the town after dark. At night, Le Choara’s streets are filled with Shadow Matter—a horrific group of menacing creatures. Around every cobblestone corner, Mai discovers that her hope of finding her sister lies beneath the long-buried secrets which haunt Le Choara.
Includes IFI Store DLC Bundle (code sent via email):
- Dynamic PS4 Theme
- OST (24 tracks)
- Avatar Set
- DLC Access
- Overkill Brings Huge Rewards - The Overkill system is an added feature where characters can stack damage beyond the health of an enemy for bonus experience! Try to inflict as much damage to all the monsters for bigger rewards.
- Beware of the Berserker - During dungeon exploration and battle, a faceless, black figure will appear out of nowhere. The figure will also display an area of attack once it appears. Mai and her squad must step away from the Berserker’s area of attack, as it will instantly kill anyone with one single blow. Run away from the Berserker in the dungeon or defeat all the existing monsters in the battlefield to escape!
- Day n’ Night - Mai will need to explore the town of Le Choara during the day and speak with the townspeople to find out clues as to where her sister is. By night, Mai will fight her way through dark creatures stylized in a turn-based RPG. Experience the story through the lens of a visual novel during the day and battle it out against horrific creatures by night!
- Don’t Call it a Knockback - The Knockback system is back in
Death end re;Quest 2, but this time, Mai and her squad can smack Shadow Matter even harder! Combo your attacks by flinging monsters to other party members!
- Release date:
- August 25, 2020
- ESRB descriptor:
- Blood, Language, Suggestive Themes, Violence
- Official game website:
- Idea Factory International, Inc.
- Idea Factory/Compile Heart
- Copyright of the game:
- ©2020 IDEA FACTORY / COMPILE HEART All rights reserved. Death end re;Quest is a trademark of IDEA FACTORY. Licensed to and published by Idea Factory International, Inc.
i have not got the game yet
Though I still don't have my copy yet since it's still shipping, I'll give it the highest score since I loved the first game so I anticipate the same great game in Death End ReQuest 2.
Death End 2 has a nice story, but feels very distant from the first and feels shorter. While it does cut out less desirable elements from the previous game, it really doesn't do anything to innovate on combat from the first game. This game does make a poor choice of including instant game-over enemies from horror games as spawns in maps; especially with placing them in areas where you 'want/need' to go.
Outside of taking a week to get here when it said 7 days this is perfect. More of (and enhanced) the first game and pure dark horrific fan service joy.
Paid for Priority shipping, they charged me for it and gave me standard shipping instead. Now gotta wait two weeks from the release date while still being charged for priority shipping